CSCA 2022 Convention Safety Protocol
Last Edited March 27, 2022 - Please check back regularly for additional updates.
The CSCA Executive Committee has been monitoring the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Wisconsin, Dane County, and Madison communities over the past month. COVID-19 case rates and hospitalizations have been steadily declining and Dane County’s CDC COVID-19 Community Level is currently classified as Low and has been classified as Low every week for the past month.
Per our Convention Safety Protocol that states that “protocols are subject to change if state and local guidance changes”, we are implementing the current safety measures recommended by the CDC and state and local public health officials. The federal requirement for masks on public transportation remains in place. This applies to airports, airplanes, buses, trains, taxis, Ubers, Lyfts, and the complimentary hotel shuttle. Our Carolyn Calloway-Thomas Inclusivity Speaker Series lecture and CSCA 2022 presidential reception site (Madison Museum of Contemporary Art) requires museum visitors to wear masks inside the building when not actively eating or drinking.
We are working with Novir (headquartered in Milwaukee, WI) as our local partner for the vaccination and testing convention safety protocols. Novir is a diagnostic biotechnology company with an unmatched team of professionals and trusted partners delivering smart, fast, and flexible testing solutions supported by reliable, cost-effective screening products and best-in-class technology. Novir provides science-based large-scale testing strategies and a comprehensive approach, including clinical workflow suggestions, complementary testing types, and employer, campus, and event programs which allow for efficient patient and community management and a more holistic approach to infection management. They were named a Notable Hero of Health Care by BizTimes. Their past/current clients including Hyatt Hotels, Aprilaire, Asenzya, MPE-INC, University School of Milwaukee, Keller Williams, Seton Catholic Schools, and University Lake School.
- All attendees must either be fully vaccinated (at least two weeks out from your second dose of a two dose vaccine series or your single dose of a one dose vaccine series) or provide proof of a negative test dated no earlier than March 28, 2022. Following current CDC guidance, a booster is not required to be considered fully vaccinated. Prior to the convention, registrants will be emailed information about how to verify their vaccination or test result in a secure and HIPAA compliant way.
- How To Upload Your COVID Vaccination Card
- Rapid antigen tests will be available in the registration area upon request with results in 15 minutes.
- In line with the current policies set forth by Public Health Madison & Dane County and the Madison Concourse Hotel, CSCA will not be requiring masks in convention spaces.
- However, wearing masks, especially well-fitting masks, is strongly encouraged, because they have been proven to reduce the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19 and provide an additional precaution to protect yourself and others.
- “Meeting and banquet rooms are arranged to allow for appropriate physical distancing between guests for all events, based on CDC and Public Health Madison & Dane County recommendations” (Concourse Hotel Safe Promise, p. 2).
Cleaning and Sanitation
- “Meeting rooms will be regularly deep cleaned and high-touch areas are disinfected on a closely monitored schedule. All audio-visual equipment is disinfected between use, such as microphones, podiums, switches, and controls. Sanitizer dispensers have been added to all podiums and all meeting and banquet rooms” (Concourse Hotel Safe Promise, p. 5).
We will continue to work closely with Madison Concourse Hotel management, Destination Madison, and Public Health Madison & Dane County to monitor state and local guidance. The above protocols are subject to change if state and local guidance changes.
Thank you for your understanding as we try to provide the safest possible opportunity to Re-Connect at CSCA 2022. If you have comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact CSCA Executive Director, Tiffany Wang, at email@example.com and/or CSCA 1st Vice President/Primary Planner, Debbie Ford, at DebraFord@creighton.edu.