CSCA 2018 Convention - A Message from the Planner
Hello CSCA members, friends, and conference go’ers:
In just a little more than a week, we will be together in Milwaukee. I have anticipated this time for a couple of years (really) and can’t wait to celebrate Difference with you.
A few last-minute thoughts as you prepare for the conference:
- Master Classes are open to everyone registered for the conference. You did not need to apply or pre-register specifically for Master Classes. There is limited seating though; so please arrive a little early to claim your spot.
- Our keynote will be delivered by Robyn Ochs, a very busy speaker whose work focuses on gender, sexuality, identity, and coalition building. It sounds like she has been on many of your campuses; I’ve heard great feedback about her. We are fortunate that our attendees have two opportunities to be with Robyn on Thursday: a workshop at 2 o’clock and the keynote at 6:30 p.m. Again, seating is limited—particularly at the workshop.
- If your panel has a respondent, please get your paper to them immediately if you haven’t done so already. If you haven't heard from your panel chair, please reach out to them to find out your presentation time limits.
- Finally, our local arrangements folks are fantastic. Rebecca Imes and Isabella Ruggeiro have created an awesome website where we can find recommendations for Milwaukee restaurants, night life, and local attractions. They’ve also included travel information with lots of great suggestions about how to find your way from the airport.
- It is preferred that you register online for the conference rather than onsite if at all possible.
If you have any questions, please feel to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of your unit planners.
See you soon!
Amy Aldridge Sanford
First Vice President & Primary Conference Planner