NCA Teaching Award Call for Nominations
Wallace A. Bacon Lifetime Teaching Excellence Award
NCA’s Wallace A. Bacon Lifetime Teaching Excellence Award recognizes outstanding teaching by:
- Retired NCA members from any grade level from kindergarten through graduate school
- NCA members who are not currently engaged in full-time teaching
- And/or NCA members who have demonstrated a long-term commitment to teaching.
The recipient receives a plaque and will serve on the award selection committee the following year.
Nominations must be sent to the selection committee chair by someone well acquainted with the nominee’s qualifications.
Self-nominations are encouraged.
The nomination must include the following material (copies will not be returned):
- a cover letter stating why the person should be recognized by the association for distinguished teaching
- the nominee's vita or resume
- letters of recommendation from three persons familiar with the nominee's qualifications
- documentation of teaching excellence.
Send nominations to:
Andrew Rancer (Committee Chair) via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2013.
Nomination materials should be sent via email ONLY as a Microsoft Word or PDF attachment.